Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Is Today a Holiday or Something...


Well wow!  I was just reading my friend Scott's blog and clicked on his links.  Lo and behold there I was!  So immediately I had to come and post.  Today is the 4th of July.  I have to honest... It hasn't been the greatest holiday thus far.

Our day started when my daughter, who had booted my husband out of our bed because she was sick, woke me up crying about her stomach hurting.  This had been a complaint since yesterday and was accompanied by a fever of about 102.  So after combing the internet reading about appendicitis, I decided to call the emergency nurse from our pediatrician's office.  Her advice?  Take her to the ER.  So the day started at the ER.  They gave her a non private room which would eventually fill up.  One person came in with MRSA.  If you know me, you know how that went down.  Lot's of deep breathing ensued on my part.  As for my daughter, after a battery of tests they put her on a 24 hour watch and we were able to go home but have to follow up with ped's tomorrow.  Of course she's mostly fine now.  Isn't that the way?

I went on to develop a pretty intense headache which has hung around despite lots of pain killers.  Finally around three,  I felt ok enough to get my cookin' on and so it began.  And I took pictures of some of it.  Check back tomorrow.  If it turns out, I'll do a post and you'll have a new recipe.  Or maybe even if it's a disaster I'll post that too.  We all need a laugh right?

Well Happy Independence Day or as friend of mine posted on Facebook and I'm going to boldly steal right now, Happy Michael Bay Day!

e

1 comment:

  1. The drama of it all... the many reasons I read your blog... glad she feels better and even more glad you got your cooking on!

    ReplyDelete